ADVANCE HEALTH CARE DIRECTIVES
An “advance health care directive” lets your physician, family and friends know your health care preferences, including the types of special treatment you want or don’t want at the end of life, your desire for diagnostic testing, surgical procedures, cardiopulmonary resuscitation and organ donation.
By considering your options early, you can ensure that quality of life that is important to you and avoid having your family “guess” as to what your wishes might be. Having critical medical care decisions made for you under stress or during emotional turmoil is not something that anyone wants to put their loved ones through.
ADVANCE HEALTH CARE DIRECTIVE CHECKLIST
- Gather information for decision making
- Discuss your end of life decisions with key people
- Prepare your advance health care directive form we provide for you
- Designate person to carry out your wishes
- Inform key people of your preferences